The School of Business at the University of Nicosia invites applications for visiting and full-time faculty positions in the field of Marketing at the Department of Marketing.
The University of Nicosia and the UNIC School of Business
The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is the largest university in Cyprus and the largest in Southern Europe that teaches primarily in English, with more than 14,000 students from over 100 countries, a diverse community of faculty and staff, and an expanding worldwide network. UNIC is driving educational innovation in the wider region, with activities like our dynamic global initiative in blockchain technology and centres of excellence in medicine and online/distance learning. UNIC has been ranked among the top 601-800 universities in the world, according to the latest edition of the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2022.
In the sector of Economics and Business, UNIC is ranked among the top 201-300 universities in THE World University Rankings. This ranking renders the UNIC School of Business first in Cyprus and Greece. The UNIC School of Business is a global leader in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency and UNIC was the first university in the world to offer an accredited degree on the topic of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency, the first to publish academic certificates and diplomas to the blockchain and has the largest team in academia working on this area. The School of Business is also a regional leader in Accounting, Management, and Marketing. We are seeking faculty who have capabilities and interest in working for a dynamic, internationally oriented, technology-oriented university focused on preparing students, industry, government and society for the rapidly evolving opportunities and challenges of the 4th industrial revolution.
The responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Teaching undergraduate/graduate level courses in the areas of Marketing and special consideration will be given to expertise in areas of Neuromarketing, Marketing and AI, Marketing Analytics and e-marketing.
- Carrying out research work, applying for research grants, and publishing in high-impact factor academic journals.
- Supervising student theses at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels.
- Undertaking administrative work at the Department and/or School including the development of new programs and assisting in accreditation of existing programs.
Candidates should have:
- A PhD in a relevant area.
- Extensive teaching experience.
- Publication record and substantiated potential to do quality research.
Administrative experience in academia will be considered a plus.
Applicants should submit the following items through our online recruitment system http://vacancies.unic.ac.cy/ by the 31st December 2021.
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- List of publications.
- Three most representative publications.
- Research statement.
- Evidence of your Qualifications’
In case an applicant is invited for an interview, s/he will need to submit two reference letters and original copies of their academic titles.
For further information regarding the positions interested individuals may contact:
Prof. Yioula Melanthiou, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +357 22841708